South Africa is poised to be a leader in fintech innovation with new products and payment solutions being developed daily by fintech entrepreneurs.
Our lawyers are well placed to assist these fintech entrepreneurs to understand and navigate the shifting regulatory landscape. Our lawyers have advised start-ups, investors, and corporates in relation to mobile money and payment systems and have experience in the fast-developing area of crypto assets, having advised clients on ICO’s, NFT’s and local and international crypto exchanges.
Our areas of work include
- Artificial intelligence;
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations;
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi);
- eCommerce and internet services;
- Financial services regulation;
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity;
- Initial coin offerings (ICOs);
- Non-fungible tokens (NFTs)
- Internet of things;
- Investments, including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising, private equity and debt finance;
- Licensing, patenting and protection;
- Payment services;
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) debt and equity financing;
- Smart contracts;
- Technology development.