Business restructuring involves complex legal and taxation issues. As every business is different, the strategy for restructuring will need to be tailored to your unique needs.
When tough economic times are the order of the day, it is important that a business considers all its options available in order to manage its financial difficulties. You want to explore ways to resolve the issues without necessarily winding up the business entirely. Also, putting procedures in place early could potentially save the business from an untimely demise.
Our insolvency, business rescue and restructuring team works closely with you and your team to implement the most effective strategies when restructuring your business; and can competently advise directors, stakeholders, employees and creditors during all stages of a restructure, business rescue process and or liquidation.
Our services include:
- Strategic Turnarounds
- Commencement of Business Rescue Proceedings
- Advice on Business Rescue proceedings and consequences
- Advice and preparation for the consequences of Business Rescue Proceedings
- Applications for liquidation or sequestration
- Advice to clients when financially distressed, commercially insolvent and in liquidation
- Advice and management of claims in the liquidation process
- Deferred tax / “Corporate roll-over relief’’ transactions under the Income Tax Act (section 42 asset-for-share transactions, section 44 amalgamation transactions; section 45 intra-group transactions; section 46 unbundling transactions).
- Management Buy-Outs (MBO’s) and Buy-ins (MBI’s).
- Being the point of contact with your preferred company tax specialists and other professional advisors. Taking a leading role in transaction management.
- The set-up and incorporation of private limited liability companies, trusts, BBBEE trusts, non-profit companies, Section 12J Venture Capital Companies (VCC), Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) and Public Benefit Organisations (PBOs).